«

May 17

Advocacy- Stand Tall

Advocate: noun- a person who argues for or supports a cause or policyvoiceadvocate

If you walk away with only one thing from reading my blogs this past year, I hope you know how vital it is to stand up for what you believe in.  Start conversations. Share what is important and interesting to you, and people will learn from it. I have always believed that the best educators are the most passionate ones– those who truly want the best for their students are most effective.

Find something in life to fight for.  Advocacy leads to awareness which leads to change.

Whether you advocate for something as widespread as putting an end to bullying, or for something as personal as making someone smile more often, your goal is the same—to improve quality of life. And that is the underlying goal of all Speech-Language Pathologists, to improve the quality of life for patients they treat.

And with that, post number 30 is complete. Blogging over the course of this past year as I took my first steps toward becoming an SLP has been an amazing experience, one that I will always remember. Thank you to my family, friends, and readers for your support these past two semesters. I hope you found my blog to be fun, informative, and inspiring.

Your Everyday Language Blogger,

Angela

4 comments

Skip to comment form

1. cheap waist cinchers

Definitely consider that that you said. Your
    favorite reason seemed to be at the web the easiest factor to be aware
    of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed even as other folks consider concerns that they plainly don’t recognise about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other people could take
    a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

2. throne rush cheats

You need to watch for the lasers and wait for a gap to move up to the first set of cover.

Clash of Clans has a Barbarian King and an Archer Queen which are special units that can be reused in battle ‘” they just require hours of time to heal back to full health. Megan Fox: the new ‘face’ of Armani Women’s Underwear (with video).

3. best treadmill

Wonderful website you have here but I was curious if
    you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics
    discussed here? I’d really love to be a part of online community where I
    can get feed-back from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Thank you!

My blog post best treadmill

4. Jason Tougaw

Great point. I’d love to hear more about how you see your work as speech therapist as a form of advocacy. How can you practice it in a way that both improves individual lives and advocates for better social understanding of linguistic and cognitive difference.

Comments have been disabled.